At Yarra Leisure we offer several wellbeing services including; massage, myotherapy and nutrition consultations.
Remedial Massage / Myotherapy
Remedial Massage/Myotherapy is the application of different techniques in the treatment of muscular pain and dysfunction that affect human movement. It is a form that is applied in the preventative, corrective, and rehabilitative phases of treatment.
Remedial Massage /Myotherapy is concerned with the restoration and maintenance of the soft tissue structures of the body.
Myotherapy techniques also include the use of Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation (TENS), Myofascial Dry Needling, and Thermal Therapy.
Sue Whillans is our resident Myotherapist.
- Advanced Dip of Remedial Massage (Myotherapy)
- Dip. Exercise prescription and Rehabilitation
- Cert IV Sports Massage
- Cert IV Fitness Instruction
- Cert Personal Training
- Member Australian Association of Massage Therapists
- Member of Fitness Australia
- Massage: remedial, deep tissue, sports, relaxation
- Superficial dry needling
- Injury prevention/rehabilitation
- Stretching and exercise prescription
- spinal/postural assessment
- joint mobilisation
- treatment of headaches, sore back, stiff neck and shoulders
- rehabilitative exercise instruction
- health care rebates available
Richmond Recreation Centre
- Tuesday: 3.15pm – 7.15pm
- Thursday: 10am - 2pm
Member rate: 30 min $47.80 / 1 hour $86.30
Non member rate: 30 min $57.20 / 1 hour $98.80
Prices effective to 30 June 2017
Appointments can be made at reception at Richmond Recreation Centre or by contacting Yarra Leisure on 9205 5032.
*Gift vouchers are available. Rebates are available through most private health funds & Sue is WorkCover accredited.
Are you interested in working for Yarra Leisure as a Wellbeing service provider?
If you are interested in offering your services as a sub-contractor we request that you complete the expression of interest form linked below.
Yarra Leisure sub-contractor request form
All applications will be considered and responded to within ten working days.
Back to top