Richmond pool hall flooring works
We are upgrading Richmond Recreation Centre’s pool hall floor. This involves major works including re-levelling of the surfaces around pool deck and installing Monotek anti-slip flooring.
The upgrade will result in improved safety as well as increasing the aesthetic of the pool hall at Richmond! The works will also remove the need for slip resistant matting around the pool.
The works to be conducted are part of Council’s renewal program and capital works budget; with works being completed in stages.
All levelling works will be conducted within a boarded enclosed area on pool deck. The Monotek flooring will be installed outside of operational hours to minimise the impact to patrons and to allow the aquatic area to remain open.
Works begin Wednesday 8 February
- We begin with levelling works at the shallow end of the 50m pool. The area will be fully enclosed and not accessible to the public.
- Monotek surface works at the deep end of 50m pool covering the entire flooring space from the female change rooms to the entrance to the outside area.
Works will then continue in sequence throughout the pool hall with all works scheduled for completion by Friday 31 March. Updates will be provided throughout the project works.
The above timeline is subject to change and is dependent upon contractors and suppliers completing tasks in line with the project plan.
Scope of works
The upgrade of the pool hall flooring will cover the following areas:
- Pool hall entrance up to outside area
- 50m pool deck surrounds Toddler and program pool area
- Spa pool deck surrounds
- Steam and sauna entrances and shower areas.
As part of the scope of works, a number of fixtures and fittings within the pool hall area will be replaced or upgraded including:
- New bench seating replaced in toddler pool area and shallow end of 50m pool
- New railing barrier between the Toddler and 50m pool
- Improved accessibility access with the introduction of a mobile hoist for greater access points
- Treatment to a number of rusted fittings around the pool deck area.
We recognise that access around our facility may be inconvenient at stages. Our customer service staff will provide you with up to date information when you visit and we will have signage in place to assist you.
Construction drawings and plans
Construction drawings and plans of the pool hall flooring works to be conducted at Richmond Recreation Centre will be provided in the coming weeks.
Richmond Recreation Centre - pool hall flooring works - February 2017 (299.43 KB)
Project Manager - Buildings
Back to top
Richmond Recreation Centre Manager