Collingwood Leisure Centre Upgrade
Collingwood Leisure Centre’s brand new aquatic area opened to the community on 16 January 2012.
The aquatic area underwent a $7.8 million redevelopment to provide bigger and better recreational facilities for local residents. The new facility is expected to be able to accommodate an extra 40,000 visits a year, which will cater to the needs of Yarra’s growing community.
Council funded the majority of the project, with $1.239 million in funding coming from the Victorian Department of Planning and Community Development.
The pool had been closed since February 2010, with construction commencing in October 2010.
Features of the redevelopment include:
- A larger lap pool (increased from five to seven lanes)
- A larger Learn to Swim pool
- A larger toddlers pool with ‘beach’ (gradual) entry
- A new access ramp to the lap pool and Learn to Swim pool to improve accessibility
- An upgrade of the existing sauna and spa area
- A new creche
- Refurbished change rooms and new accessible and family change facilities
- A new reception area
- New paint and flooring the gym, spinning and group fitness rooms, plus new acoustic treatments in the group fitness room
- Environmentally sustainable design features including a cogeneration system that provides energy-efficient electricity and heating for the pool, and a 100,000 litre underground water tank that captures stormwater to be reused throughout the centre.
More information about the Collingwood Leisure Centre redevelopment is available in the fact sheets, media releases and architectural drawings at the bottom of this page.
Site Plan (2.45MB), Ground Floor Plan (736.80kB), and Elevations One (551.50kB) and Elevations Two (548.31kB)
Fact Sheet (1.81MB) - November 2011
Fact Sheet (177.93kB) - April 2011
Fact Sheet (1.53MB) - November 2009
25 March 2010 - $6.3 million Collingwood pool expansion gets planning go-ahead
2 March 2010 – Collingwood Pool to stay closed for redevelopment
24 February 2010 - Temporary closure of Collingwood Leisure Centre Pool
Further InformationPeter Watson
Manager - Leisure Services
Back to top