Recycling drop-off centre
Council encourages residents to recycle goods whenever possible.
Some recycling materials can be dropped off at an the recycling drop-off centre in Clifton Hill.
Where is the recycling drop off point located?
The drop-off point is at 168 Roseneath Street, Clifton Hill, about 35 metres east of the entrance to the main Council depot (Melways Reference 2D B4). Please see map below.
When you are using the recycling drop-off centre, please be respectful of residents who live in nearby properties by limiting the noise you make.
Who can use the recycling drop off centre?
Please note: The recycling drop-off centre is for the use of Yarra residents only.
Commercial properties located in Yarra may drop paper and cardboard at the recycling centre. You may be asked for identification by the attendants at the recycling centre so please make sure that you have a copy of your rates notice or a drivers licence when attending the recycling centre.
When is the recycling drop off centre open?
Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm
Saturday and Sunday - 9am to 6pm
What recycling materials are accepted?
The recycling drop off centre only accepts materials that can be recycled as per the list below. If the item is not on the list it will not be accepted:
- E–waste (desktops, laptops, computer mice, monitors, printers, disk and CD drives and other computer parts)
- Electrical equipment (televisions, stereo equipment, CD players, DVD and VCR recorders)
- Fluorescent tubes and light bulbs
- Paper and cardboard
- Household batteries
- Mobile phones and accessories (you can also drop these off at the Richmond and Collingwood Town Halls and the Collingwood and Richmond leisure centres)
- Glass jars and bottles
- Polystyrene (plastic code 6) (Household quantities only)
- Steel and aluminium cans (including aerosol cans)
- Plastics marked with the codes 1 to 7
- Clothing, shoes, leather accessories (reusable for charity bins)
- CDs and DVDs
- X-rays and film (we suggest you remove identifying information first)
- Cameras and photographic equipment
- Smoke detectors (once batteries are removed)
- Plastic bags (and other plastics marked with code 4) (You can also drop off plastic bags at Coles in Fitzroy or Collingwood to be recycled.)
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses
- Printer and toner cartridges
- Bubble wrap (plastic code 4)
- Cling wrap (plastic code 4 - clean only)
- Scrap metals (small items only - no car engines)
Remember: all Yarra residents can book free hard waste and green waste collections by contacting Council on 9205 5555.
Map of recycling drop-off point:
View Recycling Drop Off Point in a larger map
If you have other materials that you wish to dispose of there are a number of Public Transfer Stations that can be utilised.
Yarra does not have a transfer station but there are some nearby. Please check with each facility for opening times and charges.
Boroondara Transfer Station
648 Riversdale Road, Camberwell
Melway Ref 60 B1
Darebin Transfer Station
30 Kurnai Ave, Reservoir VIC 3073
Hours: 8am–3:30pm Mon - Sun
Phone: (03) 9462 3455
CityWide Waste Transfer Station
437 Dynon Road, Kensington
Melway Ref 42 G5
Hours: 7 Days, 8.30am - 3.00pm
Stonnington Waste Transfer Station
32 Weir Street, Glen Iris
Tel: 8290 1333
Melway Ref 59 F6
Hours: Monday - Friday 10am - 3.30pm, Saturday 9am - 3pm, Sunday 10am - 3pm
Whelans Transfer Station
Kirkdale Street, Brunswick East
Melway Ref 30 B8
Hours: Monday to Friday - 7.00am - 4.00pm; Weekend, 9.00am - 2.45pm (garden and household waste)
Back to top
Yarra City Council