How to pay your rates
Rate notices for the 2016/17 financial year will be sent out to all Yarra ratepayers in August 2016.
Sign up to receive electronic rates reminder notices.
You may pay your rates:
in four instalments on or before the following dates:
- First instalment: Friday 30 September 2016
- Second instalment: Wednesday 30 November 2016
- Third instalment: Tuesday 28 February 2017
- Fourth instalment: Wednesday 31 May 2017
in 10 monthly instalments on the 15th of the month (or next business day), starting in September 2016. This form of payment can be made by direct debit only.
Full payments and quarterly instalments can be made using the following methods:
- Mail (please use the reply-paid envelope included with your rates notice)
- Yarra ePay (visit https://webbank.advam.com/cityofyarra/rates.php?AccountType=02 or call 1300 792 772 - Note: A surcharge fee of 0.42% will apply to Visa and MasterCard credit card payments from 1 April 2017).
- BPay (contact your participating bank, credit union or building society and quote both biller code 171074 and the Bpay reference number printed on your rates notice)
- Post Billpay (visit www.postbillpay.com.au or call 131 816)
You can also make full payments or quarterly instalments using cash, cheque (made payable to Yarra City Council) or EFTPOS at the following locations:
- Richmond Town Hall (333 Bridge Road, Richmond)
- Collingwood Town Hall (140 Hoddle Street, Abbotsford)
- Connie Benn Centre (160 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy)
- Australia Post outlets
Direct debit is available for monthly or quarterly instalments
Download the direct debit request form (refer below) or contact Council’s Revenue Services Unit on 9205 5555.
Direct Debit Request Form (190.89 KB)
If you made quarterly payments by direct debit last year and wish to continue, you do not need to fill out a form. We will continue to debit your account until you advise us otherwise in writing.
If you are switching from the monthly direct debit option to the quarterly direct debit option you will need to submit a new form.
Holders of a Pensioner Concession Card or a Gold Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to War Widows or Totally/Permanently Incapacitated Veterans are eligible for a $175 Council rebate on their rates for their principal place of residence. This is in addition to the State Government rebate of $218.30.
Additional information on pensioner rebates is available here.
If you are experiencing difficulty paying your rates, please call Revenue Services Unit on 9205 5025 as soon as possible to discuss an alternative payment arrangement.
Additional information on penalty interest and overdue rates and charges is available here.
Back to top