Immunisation certificates

child in playgroundPrimary school children need a certificate to show their vaccination history. Without this certificate a child may not be enrolled in school.

The school entry immunisation certificate requires that:

  • Your child has been immunised against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Polio, Haemophilus Influenzae b, Measles, Hep B, Pneumococcal, Chicken Pox and Meningicoccal C, Mumps and Rubella according to the schedule; OR
  • There is a good reason why your child has not been immunised; OR
  • You have undertaken steps to have your child immunised within the next 6 months
  • You have completed a conscientious or medical objection form. 

The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register now supplies a history statement that acts as a school entry certificate. It is automatically posted out to you once your child has completed the 4-year-old immunisations and has completed all required childhood immunisations.

If your child has been immunised overseas, or you have a conscientious objection to immunisation, you may obtain a school entry certificate from the City of Yarra.

If the required immunisations have not been received, the Public Health Unit on 9205 5166 can assist you.


Once the Health Unit confirms the information, the Certificate can be issued by mail (Australian Childhood Immunisation Register can take up to 4 weeks to issue certificates)


There is no cost.

More resources

Council's Immunisation Programs

School Entry Immunisation Certificate - Better Health Channel

Australian Childhood Immunisation Register

Translated fact sheets on immunisation - Victorian Government Health Information website

Immune Hero - Victorian Department of Health

Further information
Natasha Macleod
Immunisation Nurse
9205 5166


Back to top
Back to top Back to top