Health and Safety
Council works to enhance community health and wellbeing by managing a range of environmental risks to health.
Council’s services related to community health and wellbeing include checking that food is being handled safely in food businesses; minimising the spread of infectious diseases through inspecting premises that provide personal care and body art services, for example tattooists, and prescribed accommodation, for example rooming houses, immunisation and investigating infectious disease outbreaks, enforcing restrictions regarding smoking and tobacco, planning for community safety, such as syringe disposal, and developing Council’s
Find out more about:
- Food safety and standards - the Public Health Unit inspects places that sell, store, manufacture, package or transport food for people to eat.
- Personal Care and Body Art Businesses - the registration of businesses, including hairdressers, beauty salons, tattooing, ear-piercing and colonic irrigation.
- Prescribed accommodation - registration of accommodation businesses, including bed and breakfasts, motels or boarding houses.
- Immunisation - information on Council's immunisation services, including this year's immunisation schedule and locations.
- Infectious disease - information about how Council minimises the incidence or spread of infectious diseases, including Hepatitis and Head Lice.
- Tobacco - information about tobacco rules and regulations.
- Community safety - information on Council's plan to improve safety across the municipality, including issues involving drugs, alcohol and crime.
- Syringe disposal - facilities for the safe disposal of syringes and needles.
- Public Health Plan - Council has set four priorities to improve the health of the community over the next four years.
See Also Public Health Plan
Back to top
Compliance Administration Team