Various Proposed Rezonings
At its August 2010 Council meeting, Council adopted Amendment C116 to the Yarra Planning Scheme. The Amendment was approved by the Minister for Planning and gazetted on 28 October 2010.
The Amendment affects three separate geographic areas, making the following changes to the Yarra Planning Scheme:
- Rezoning the area known as the Condell Street Reserve (in Condell Street, between Napier and George streets, Fitzroy) from Residential 1 Zone (R1Z) to Public Park and Recreation Zone (PPRZ). This rezoning would preserve the reserve as open space, in line will Council’s Open Space Strategy.
- Rezoning the area immediately east of the Doonside Precinct (near the corner of Appleton and Clark streets, Richmond) from Industrial 3 Zone to Residential 1 Zone, to be consistent with the zoning of the surrounding area.
- Rezoning the following areas to a Residential 1 Zone:
- The Business 1 Zone land located at the rear of at 231 – 239 Barkly Street and 3 Bundara Street, Fitzroy North
- The Business 1 Zone land located at the rear of 392 St Georges Road, Fitzroy North (in line with the rear boundary of 376 St Georges Road).The rear of both areas of land is currently zoned both Residential 1 and Business 1. The Amendment aims to ensure only one zone applies to each site.
Council wrote to residents and businesses in the affected areas inviting them to make submissions on the proposed Amendment in May 2010. Council did not receive any submissions.
Documents to support the Amendment can be found here in pdf format:
Explanatory Report.pdf (17.83kB)
List of Amendments.pdf (10.13kB)
List of Changes.pdf (10.38kB)
Instruction Sheet.pdf (6.57kB)
Map Condell Street Reserve.pdf (35.89kB)
Map Doonside Precinct.pdf (32.13kB)
Map North Fitzroy.pdf (38.61kB)
Back to top