What’s happening at the next Council Meeting?
3 March 2017
The next Council meeting will be held at Fitzroy Town Hall on Tuesday 7 March at 7pm.
Council will consider 5 officer reports during public session of the meeting, including the following:
- Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy – To consider joining the covenant and appointing a consultant to assist with registration and compliance.
- Amendment C185 (462–482 Swan Street, Richmond) – Consideration of Panel Report – To consider a proposal to update and adopt the amendment, and submit it to the Minister for approval.
- Proposed Discontinuance of Road abutting the rear of 203-205 Fitzroy Street, Fitzroy – To consider discontinuing the road in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989.
- Neighbourhood Houses and Learning Centres Partnerships Strategy 2014–17 Annual Progress Report – To receive the annual progress report and consider endorsing the third year action plan.
- Appointment of Authorised Officers - Planning and Environment Act 1987 – To consider the formal appointment and authorisation of new Council officers.
Council will also consider 2 Notices of Motion:
- Notice of Motion No. 5 of 2017 - City of Melbourne Proposed Local Law – To consider authorising a submission to Melbourne City of Council regarding its recent Local Law amendments relating to people who are homeless.
- Notice of Motion No. 6 of 2017 - Richmond High School and Melbourne Girls College – To consider authorising a submission to the State Government regarding zoning changes for local schools.
Members of the public gallery at each Council Meeting can ask questions; make submissions about items on the agenda or lodge petitions or joint letters.
To read the full agenda and supporting documents for the meeting, follow the links below.
Agenda l Attachments
For further information, contact Ivan Gilbert, Group Manager – Chief Executive’s Office, on 9205 5110 or at Ivan.Gilbert@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Back to top