Invitation to help shape the future of urban agriculture in Yarra
20 March 2017
Expressions of interest are invited from people who want to join the Yarra Urban Agriculture Advisory Committee (YUAAC) which helps Council to shape and implement its urban agriculture policies and actions, including the delivery of the Yarra Urban Agriculture Strategy.
YUAAC was established in 2011 and, Council is currently refreshing its membership.
The committee provides a community voice to Council on key urban agriculture opportunities and directions. It has played a key role in the development and implementation of the Yarra Urban Agriculture Strategy and the ongoing nature of the program.
Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from Yarra residents with:
- demonstrated interest in and knowledge of local urban agriculture and sustainability issues (an understanding of international issues would be beneficial)
- a desire to guide the delivery of the Yarra Urban Agriculture Strategy
- a capacity for strategic and systemic thinking
- a strong understanding of the Yarra context and community
- skills in, and a track record of, working collaboratively in groups
The committee meets quarterly outside of business hours at Collingwood Town Hall. There may also be smaller workshops throughout the year which will require additional time.
YUAAC comprises up to 12 community members, including residents, students, businesses, staff and Councillors.
Expressions of interest open on Monday 3 April and close on Thursday 20 April.
To find out more or download the application form, visit Yarra’s website or contact Kathi Clark-Orsanic, Urban Agriculture Facilitator: 9205 5782 | email@example.com
Back to top