Community reference group to advise Council on former Alphington Paper Mill development
25 November 2016
Council voted this week to establish a Community Reference Group to provide feedback on the redevelopment of the former Alphington Paper Mill site.
The reference group, which will include six community representatives and three Langridge ward Councillors, will advise Council on various aspects of the project, including community infrastructure, sporting facilities, open spaces, traffic and sustainable transport.
The following community members were appointed:
- Fiona Currie (President APMAG)
- Jeff Katz (Committee Member SAFCA)
- Tiffany Crawford-Lane (President WarI)
- Anne Crehan (Chairperson Alphington Community Centre Inc.)
- Nigel Odell (Senior President Alphington FC)
- Melissa O'Neill (Teacher/ elected staff representative on school Council, Alphington Primary School)
Council has worked hard to foster a productive and respectful dialogue between developers and community members impacted by the project.
These discussions, along with negotiations between Council and the developers, led to the lodgement of a revised (and significantly improved) Development Plan, which Council endorsed in December 2015.
More than 300 members of the community have contributed to this process since it began over 18 months ago, and the new reference group is part of Council’s plan to continue this highly productive engagement.
For further information, visit our reference group page or contact Council on 9205 5555 or at email@example.com
Back to top