Are you interested in shaping the future of waste and recycling in Yarra?
17 March 2017
Expressions of interest open on Monday 3 April for three community positions on Council’s Waste and Recycling Working Group, which is a sub-committee of the Yarra Environment Advisory Committee (YEAC).
The positions are for a two year term to be part of the six-strong group which meets quarterly.
Ideally candidates would have a:
- demonstrated interest in and knowledge of local waste and recycling issues
- a desire to guide the delivery of the Yarra Waste and Resource Recovery Strategy
- a capacity for strategic and systemic thinking
- a strong understanding of the Yarra context and community
- skills in, and a track record of, working collaboratively in groups.
This working group provides a community voice to Council on key waste minimisation and recycling opportunities and directions. It has played an active role in the development and implementation of the Yarra Waste and Resource Recovery Strategy and the ongoing nature of the projects.
The group provides advice to YEAC on:
- implementation of the Yarra Waste and Resource Recovery Strategy
- key policy development, issues that affect waste and recycling activities in Yarra
- the research, design and delivery of specific waste and recycling programs by Council
- raising the profile of the waste and recycling activities within the City of Yarra
- providing an appropriate communication mechanism with Council.
Council is keen for the group to have a mix of members representing residents, students and businesses.
Expressions of interest close on Thursday 20 April. To find out more or download the application form, visit the Yarra Environment Committee webpage or contact Lisa Coffa, Waste Minimisation and Urban Agriculture Coordinator on 9205 5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top