Advertising Signs in Parks and Gardens
Temporary advertising signs can be erected in Council parks and reserves.
Conditions for erecting signs are as follows:
The display period for a temporary sign will be a maximum of 14 days.
The following groups are eligible to apply for approval to erect a temporary community advertising sign:
- Local non-profit community groups which meet Council's strategic directions as specified in the Council Plan
- City of Yarra schools and pre-schools
- City of Yarra service clubs.
- Fixed, rigid signs (Real Estate type) are permitted to have a display surface area of five square metres or less
- Banners are to have a display surface area of five square metres or less
- Banners are not permitted to be attached to any vegetation
Content of Signs:
The content of the sign must be submitted to Council for approval with the application.
Sponsorship identification on community signs is not to exceed 20% of the sign display area. Signs which display sponsorship or advertising relating to tobacco or gambling associated activities, events or organisations, will not be approved.
Public Liability Insurance:
The applicant shall have liability insurance of $10 million and will provide Council with an insurance certificate of currency upon application.
Sign Application (238.72 KB)
Back to top
Venues & Events Unit