Traffic management information

Traffic management is required for all works conducted on a road. A Traffic Management Plan is required upon application for any of the following permits:  

Road/Footpath Occupation Permit including but not limited to the following activities:

  • Plant and Equipment
  • Work Area
  • Container
  • Gantry/Hoarding/Scaffolding
  • Filming
  • Work Zone (Construction Vehicle)
  • Consents – Utility and Non-Utility 
  • Street Party Permits 
  • Regulation 604 Report & Consent
  • Vehicle Crossing Permits 

pdf format Traffic Management Companies 2016 (105.94 KB)

For further information about Traffic Management, contact Council on 9205 5555.  

Notification of Works

If works are to be conducted outside of permitted times, or require the full closure of a road, or restrict or impede any access to property, seven days written notification is required to all affected properties before the works can take place. For further information about notification requirements, contact Council on 9205 5555.

 VicRoads Approval

Council requires VicRoads approval for works to occur on or in arterial roads prior to issuing Council permits/consent for works. For further information about Vic Roads requirements, contact Council on 9205 5555 or contact Vic Roads on 13 11 71 or visit the VicRoads website .  

Further information
City of Yarra
9205 5555








Back to top
Back to top Back to top