Health and Wellbeing Plan Advisory Committee
Council's Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee (HWPAC) contributes to health
and wellbeing planning in Yarra’s dynamic and diverse community.
The HWPAC was established in 2004. Its role is to:
- Provide advice to Council on health and wellbeing matters.
- To assist Council with advocacy on relevant health and wellbeing matters.
- To oversee and assist with the implementation and evaluation of strategies and actions in the
Yarra Health and Wellbeing Plan and associated yearly implementation plans.
- To identify current and emerging health and wellbeing issues and trends.
- To collaboratively identify and implement measures to enhance the health
and wellbeing of the Yarra community.
- To strengthen partnerships across member organisations and other relevant networks and organisations.
- To identify funding opportunities for relevant health and wellbeing projects and to contribute to submissions.
- To complement the role of and align with the Local Safety Reference Group, Yarra Liquor Forum and other Council advisory committees and groups.
Meetings are held on a quarterly basis in Council offices.
Nominations for the HWPAC are now closed.
The Yarra Health and Wellbeing Plan Advisory Committee (HWPAC) currently consists professionals from across Yarra’s health and community sectors. We’re now seeking three Yarra residents to join the conversation.
Your contributions will help produce a dynamic and deliverable Council Plan that responds to the needs and expectations of Yarra’s growing community.
Councillor representatives: Cr James Searle and Cr Mi-Lin Chen Yi Mei
Along with other HWPAC members you will be:
- Identifying various health and wellbeing issues and trends,
- Providing advice to Council on health and wellbeing matters,
- Identifying strategies and actions for improving the health and wellbeing of the Yarra community,
- Shaping the Health and Wellbeing Plan 2017–2021 (now to be an exciting part of the overall Council Plan); and,
- Overseeing the implementation and evaluation of strategies and actions.
Council is seeking Yarra residents with:
- A demonstrated interest or expertise in public health and wellbeing,
- Insight into Yarra-specific health and wellbeing issues,
- Commitment to value a wide cross-section of community views, and
- The availability to attend quarterly meetings.
Applications are now closed. Thank you: your contributions will help produce an innovative and deliverable Council Plan that responds to the needs and expectations of Yarra’s growing community.
For more information (or for a paper application form) please contact Erika Russell (Senior Planner, Community Health and Safety) at Erika.Russell@yarracity.vic.gov.au or on (03) 9205 5534.
Here is the Health and Wellbeing Plan Advisory Committee's Terms of Reference document:
HWPAC ToR 2016 Dec (endorsed) (137.99 KB) (updated 15 December 2016)
HWPAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Wednesday 11 February 2015:
HWPAC Agenda 11 February 2015 (25.57 KB)
HWPAC Minutes 11 February 2015 (35.78 KB)
Wednesday 13 May 2015:
HWPAC Agenda 13 May 2015 (25.93 KB)
HWPAC Minutes 13 May 2015 (37.82 KB)
Wednesday 12 August 2015:
HWPAC Agenda 12 August 2015 (25.77 KB)
HWPAC Minutes 12 August 2015 (38.23 KB)
Wednesday 14 October 2015:
HWPAC Agenda 14 October 2015 (25.92 KB)
HWPAC Minutes 14 October 2015 (42.45 KB)
Wednesday 17 February 2016:
HWPAC Agenda 17 February 2016 (31.22 KB)
HWPAC Minutes 17 February 2016 (86.35 KB)
Wednesday 24 August 2016:
HWPAC Agenda 24 August 2016 (32.01 KB)
HWPAC Minutes 24 August 2016 endorsed (87.58 KB)
Wednesday 15 February 2017
HWPAC Agenda 15 February 2017 (30.70 KB)
Back to top